12.26.2011

wreath making at bainbridge gardens


each year, one of my most cherished traditions is to make my own holiday evergreen wreath at bainbridge gardens .

reserve your slot by stopping in or calling them for a two hour time period. the one pictured above i made in less than one hour.  after you have your appointment,  forage your yard for greens. usually i can depend on a good wind storm or two before my date......then i just walk around the yard collecting evergreen boughs that have blown down for the basis of my holiday wreath.



when i'm at bainbridge gardens -  i will usually purchase some other sorts of greens and holly sprigs to round out and complete my wreath. you will need to bring your own clippers and gloves.
select the size wreath ring for your creation - and after a quick refresher, i was putting together the
evergreen bundles that were to become my holiday wreath.



after completing my wreath - i stopped inside where they had all kinds of additional items you could purchase and add to your wreath - such as ribbons, berries, dried pods and floral items along with hot glue guns set up for use.





i choose a ribbon and had bainbridge gardens complete a nicely tied bow to display at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...