9.16.2012

OUT + ABOUT - The Bainbridge Island farmers market

One of my favorite ways to start my weekend, is with a visit to the Bainbridge Island farmers market. Visiting the stalls and planning the weekend menu with what's fresh at the market. Late summer is beautiful and abundant - the stalls overflowing with goodness.



I always start with a visit to La Belle Saison - for my sweet fix! Amazing pies, tarts, cookies and scones. Then,  in need of some sunflowers to brighten my world - I picked up a bouquet from one of my other favorite vendors - Farmhouse Organics.  I can never get enough of summer, and the ripe and tasty heirloom tomatoes - from Butler Green farms.  I'm thinking a caprese salad is in my future!!





Just before departing - I spotted and couldn't resist a little sweet pea bouquet for my desk - it will help bring me joy during my work week. After my morning at the market, Madrone Lane is such a perfect spot to sit and enjoy people watching and a pastry or latte after my morning excursion at the Bainbridge island Farmers Market. I hope your weekend is just as enjoyable as mine has been.



photos: (c) backroads of bainbridge

connect with me: facebook + twitter + pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...